Young Americans Overseas (YAO) is a non-profit registered in the state of Texas since 2014, with 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt status.
Founder & Co-founder (Margot & Victor)
Margot is the founder of Young Americans Overseas. She is an assistant professor at Lamar University. She was a visiting scholar to Harvard and UCLA.
Her late father, aunt and uncle were in the US Air Force. Two of her uncle's served in the Vietnam War. She has several cousins in the military. Margot was born in Austin and spent many years in Colorado.
Margot met her husband Victor (co-founder of YAO & Dutch Air Force veteran) while studying in Amsterdam. They moved back to Texas to be closer to Margot's mother. Margot and Victor started Young Americans Overseas to encourage young Americans to travel abroad, go to college and obtain a career. Margot and Victor have two young daughters named Victoria and Angelina.
Top 5 goals of Young Americans Overseas
1. Assist veterans with locating housing.
2. Provide travel scholarships to Lamar University and LIT students.
3. Link YAO clients to internships & long-term employment.
4. Connect veterans to resources.
5. Organize events that connect veterans and civilians.
Victor, Co-founder YAO &
Mr. Paulino, Veterans Administration HCHV Director